Master Glass Painting Introduction workshop
to be announced
in Voorburg, NL
This workshop provides a complete introduction to glass painting! These are techniques used in traditional and modern glass painting.
No prior experience is necessary.
– Do you really want to learn how to paint glass well, so you don’t have to experiment endlessly and run into glitches? We have the knowledge in-house and can teach you the basics of glass painting in one intensive weekend workshop!
– Do you want to be able to paint in 4 layers and then fire? We teach this almost lost technique, so that you can execute it in style. Suitable for restoration and new work.
– Do you want to master the glass painting silver stain drop technique (seen in lamps and windows)? This technique is also covered in this workshop.
– Do you want to receive interesting discounts on paints, paintbrushes, tools, and mediums?
If you have a passion for glass, register now (firstname.lastname@example.org)! Limited number of participants.
You will receive a certificate after successful completion of this workshop!
Topics covered include:
– Mixing paints
– Firing programs, the how and why
– Float glass and why it can be interesting to use
– Creating strong contour lines, smooth grisailles, sparkling silver stains
– Use of badger brushes, the trademark of the glass painter!
– Painting 4 layers before firing, as it was done in the past.
You’ll work with various glass paints from both Reusche (produced in America) and CRG (produced in Italy).
Participants are required to bring:
1x professional badger brush (preferably 3″) for grisaille
1x professional badger brush (preferably 2″) for silver stain
1x round badger brush (preferably approx. sizes 4, 6, 8) for glycol shadows
1x contour brush (ox hair or sable, medium size)
1x matting brushes (soft squirrel hair brushes, preferably approx. 1″) for grisaille/glycol shadows
1x large hake brush (goat hair brush)
Stippler brushes (to make shading in grisaille), at least 8 different brushes, with different hardnesses and sizes
2x palette knife
The materials can be purchased at PELI Glass or elsewhere. Sizes are approximate, it’s the general sort that is necessary – we can use almost anything that’s close.
As a workshop participant you are entitled to a 10% discount on all paintbrushes, paints and mediums in stock purchased from PELI Glass (sets not included). This is valid from time of payment to end of workshop.
During the workshop PELI Glass will provide you with: a contour brush, designs, all paints, silver stains, mediums, glass, protective gloves, use of the kilns, 2 lunches, drinks/coffee, printed Workshop Guide. Workshop presented in Nederlands-English. Minimum 2, maximum 2 persons.
Reactions of previous workshop participants:
“What a good workshop you gave, I am still enjoying it.”
Karin Faber, IXO vormgeving
Directory of glass-related workshops
We’ve built a “Directory of glass-related workshops” so you can find help for glass-related techniques anywhere in the world.
It is absolutely free for your studio or school to have a listing and it is also free to view it and find studios, schools and courses.
If you’d like to include or update your information, send an email to email@example.com.
To be included, you must have a functioning website and your website must include information on your workshops.
PELI Glass makes no representations or warranties regarding any of the workshops mentioned in the Directory. We reserve the right to revise information.
What might you enjoy more than a week learning about glass painting and tiffany glass art?
How about a week learning about glass painting and tiffany… in the beautiful Greek sunshine?
PELI Glass has joined up with Miniati Travel (http://www.creativeholidays.nl) and put together a one-week glass painting workshop in Greece. This course combines traditional and modern painting, and painting on fused glass, and is perfect for beginner and intermediate painters. There will also be plenty of time to enjoy the sunshine.
Miniati has 25 years of experience arranging creative holiday workshops. The all-in fee includes:
- Flight – direct from Amsterdam-Athens if required. Transfers from Athens to the location in Kantia (approx. two hour drive from Athens Airport).
- Meals – included.
- Lodging – you’ll stay in a private studio apartment on the beach.
- Come single or with a partner – no surcharge for singles, reduced rates for partners
- Materials – basis paints will be provided; other materials you’ll be able to bring yourself or purchase at a special discount. We’ll use Reusche and CRG glass paints.
- Kiln firing – your work will be fired on-site.
Where is it? Kantia on the Peloponnese peninsula, southwest of Athens.
When? 12-19 September 2021
What is the cost? See the link here (in Dutch but you’ll be able to read it!) for options.
The workshop will be given in English / Dutch. Are you interested? Let us know, request a non-binding offer!
Want to know more? Contact PELI Glass!