Master Glass Painting Introduction workshop
15-16 October 2022
in Voorburg, NL
This workshop provides a complete introduction to glass painting! These are techniques used in traditional and modern glass painting.
No prior experience is necessary.
– Do you really want to learn how to paint glass well, so you don’t have to experiment endlessly and run into glitches? We have the knowledge in-house and can teach you the basics of glass painting in one intensive weekend workshop!
– Do you want to be able to paint in 4 layers and then fire? We teach this almost lost technique, so that you can execute it in style. Suitable for restoration and new work.
– Do you want to master the glass painting silver stain drop technique (seen in lamps and windows)? This technique is also covered in this workshop.
– Do you want to receive interesting discounts on paints, paintbrushes, tools, and mediums?
If you have a passion for glass, register now (firstname.lastname@example.org)! Limited number of participants.
You will receive a certificate after successful completion of this workshop!
Topics covered include:
– Paint sorts
– Firing programs, the how and why
– Float glass and why it can be interesting to use
– Creating strong contour lines, smooth grisailles, sparkling silver stains
– Use of badger brushes, the trademark of the glass painter!
– Painting 4 layers before firing, as it was done in the past.
– Lunch with invited expert guest speaker (availability confirmation pending) regarding cold painting (retouching) methods.
You’ll work with various glass paints from Reusche (produced in America), CRG (produced in Italy), and Debitus (produced in France).
Participants are required to bring:
1x professional badger brush (preferably 3″) for grisaille
1x professional badger brush (preferably 2″) for silver stain, copper red
1x round badger brush (preferably approx. sizes 4, 6, 8) for glycol shadows
1x matting brush (soft squirrel hair brushes, preferably approx. 1″) for grisaille
1x large hake brush (goat hair brush) for glycol shadows
1x palette knife
Stippler brushes (to make shading in grisaille), at least 8 different brushes, with different hardnesses and sizes
The materials can be purchased at PELI Glass or elsewhere. Sizes are approximate, it’s the general sort that is necessary – we can use almost anything that’s close.
As a workshop participant you are entitled to a 10% discount on all paintbrushes, paints and mediums in stock purchased from PELI Glass (sets not included). This is valid from time of payment to end of workshop.
During the workshop PELI Glass will provide you with: a contour brush, designs, all paints, silver stains, mediums, glass, protective gloves, use of the kilns, 2 lunches, drinks/coffee, printed Workshop Guide. Workshop presented in Nederlands-English. Minimum 2, maximum 4 persons.
Reactions of previous workshop participants:
“What a good workshop you gave, I am still enjoying it.”
Karin Faber, IXO vormgeving
Advanced Glass Painting: Portraits & Flowers, 2-day workshop
“Secrets of the Masters” series
to be announced
in Voorburg, NL
Minimum 2, maximum 4 persons
An advanced, intensive workshop for the serious glass painter who is interested in learning to use and combine various media (water, oil, glycol) to layer paint and reduce the number of firings. You’ll create sparkling portraits and expressive flowers – timeless techniques that you can apply to both your classic and modern glass painting!
You’ll have the opportunity to work with various sorts glass paints, with different mixing techniques. The best way to learn is by actually doing so it’s a very hands-on workshop, with several projects going at once.
Participants are required to have some experience with glass painting and to bring certain paintbrushes and a palette knife. See the blue webshop link for details.
As a workshop participant you are entitled to a 10% discount on all paintbrushes, and 10% discount on all paints and mediums in stock purchased from PELI Glass (sets not included). This is valid from time of payment to end of workshop. Have you already had a painting workshop with PELI Glass? Then you’re entitled to a 10% discount on this workshop!
During the workshop PELI Glass will provide you with: all paints, mediums, glass, use of the kilns, lunches, drinks/coffee, printed Workshop Guide. Please do not wear any clothing, especially wide sleeves, that can drag in the paint. Workshop presented in English-Nederlands.
Przewodnik kursów witrażu
Na naszej stronie dostępny jest “Przewodnik kursów witrażu“, gdzie można uzyskać pomoc odnośnie różnych technik obróbki, używanych na całym świecie.
Przewodnik jest darmowy dla osób prywatnych i szkół, można go przeglądać i wyszukiwać warsztaty, szkoły i kursy.
Jeśli chcesz zamieścić lub skorygować zamieszczone informacje, wyślij maila email@example.com.
Aby zostać uwzględnionym, musisz mieć działającą stronę internetową, a twoja strona internetowa musi zawierać informacje o twoich warsztatach.
Firma PELI Glass nie udziela żadnych gwarancji odnośnie zamieszczanych kursów wpisanych do przewodnika. Zastrzegamy sobie jednak prawo do kontroli zamieszczanych informacji oraz dodawania informacji dostępnych w Internecie.