Master Glass Painting Introduction: 15 hour workshop
12-13 October (Saturday-Sunday) 2019
Saturday: 09:30-15:30; 18:00-21:00
in Voorburg, NL
This workshop provides a complete introduction to glass painting! These are techniques used in traditional and modern glass painting.
No prior experience is necessary.
– Do you really want to learn how to paint glass well, so you don’t have to experiment endlessly and run into glitches? We have the knowledge in-house and can teach you the basics of glass painting in one intensive, 3-day weekend workshop!
– Do you want to be able to paint in 4 layers and then fire? We teach this almost lost technique, so that you can execute it in style. Suitable for restoration and new work.
– Do you want to master the glass painting silver stain drop technique (seen in lamps and windows)? This technique is also covered in this workshop.
– Do you want to receive interesting discounts on paints, paintbrushes, tools, and mediums?
If you have a passion for glass, register now (email@example.com)! Limited number of participants.
You will receive a certificate after successful completion of this workshop!
Topics covered include:
– Mixing paints
– Firing programs, the how and why
– Float glass and why it can be interesting to use
– Creating strong contour lines, smooth grisailles, sparkling silver stains
– Use of badger brushes, the trademark of the glass painter!
– Painting 4 layers before firing, as it was done in the past.
– Lunch with invited expert guest speaker (availability confirmation pending) regarding cold painting (retouching) methods.
You’ll work with various glass paints from both Reusche (produced in America) and Ruger & Gunzel (produced in Germany).
Participants are required to bring:
1x professional badger brush (preferably 3″) for grisaille
1x professional badger brush (preferably 2″) for silver stain
1x round badger brush (preferably approx. sizes 4, 6, 8) for glycol shadows
1x contour brush (ox hair or sable, medium size)
1x matting brushes (soft squirrel hair brushes, preferably approx. 1″) for grisaille/glycol shadows
1x large hake brush (goat hair brush)
Stippler brushes (to make shading in grisaille), at least 8 different brushes, with different hardnesses and sizes
2x palette knife
The materials can be purchased at PELI Glass or elsewhere. Sizes are approximate, it’s the general sort that is necessary – we can use almost anything that’s close.
As a workshop participant you are entitled to a 10% discount on all paintbrushes, paints and mediums in stock purchased from PELI Glass (sets not included). This is valid from time of payment to end of workshop.
During the workshop PELI Glass will provide you with: a contour brush, 2 stippler brushes, designs, all paints, silver stains, mediums, glass, protective gloves, use of the kilns, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, drinks/coffee, printed Workshop Guide. Workshop presented in Nederlands-English. Minimum 3, maximum 4 persons.
Advanced Glass Painting: 2-day workshop
26-27 (Saturday-Sunday) October 2019
09:30 – 15:30, in Voorburg, NL
This intensive workshop has a full program!
Topics covered include:
– Traditional and modern glass painting, including use of silver stains and copper red
– Creating strong contour lines using oil medium
– Making patterns in grisaille
– Painting 4 layers before firing
You’ll have the opportunity to work with various glass paints, with different mixing techniques from traditional to modern. All are very high quality paints and we’ve been using them for years. The best way to learn is by actually doing so it’s a very hands-on workshop, with several projects going at once.
Participants are required to have some experience with glass painting and to bring certain paintbrushes and a palette knife.
As a workshop participant you are entitled to a 10% discount on all paintbrushes, and 10% discount on all paints in stock purchased from PELI Glass (sets not included).
During the workshop PELI Glass will provide you with: A red sable contour brush, designs, all paints, silver stains and copper red, mediums, glass, use of the kilns, lunch, drinks/coffee, printed Workshop Guide. Please do not wear any clothing, especially wide sleeves, that can drag in the paint. Workshop presented in Nederlands-English. Minimum 3, maximum 4 persons.
Reactions of previous workshop participants:
“Thanks for the fine working environment and the interesting projects and sending the photos… Fantastic lesson.”
Ellen van der Leeden, Atelier Lux-Nova
“The workshop was extremely beneficial for me. I thought the build-up of methods over the 2 days was excellent, and the number of varied sample pieces we got a chance to produce. Am looking forward very much to implementing and developing what I have learned in my own work. I appreciated your open and patient approach as an instructor, and the extensive scope of work that was included over the 2 days.”
Margaret, West Kerry, Ireland
“I learned a lot of new techniques which I can/will certainly apply in my future projects.”
Chris van der Werff, CrW Stained Glass
“For me it was a very instructive workshop and would be worth repeating.”
“Thank you so much for an absolutely supergreat workshop! I really learnt so much during those days. I can use all this as a springboard for future exercises with glass painting. I’m so happy that I made this journey. So good to meet all the nice people.”
Kaisa Tukonen, Höglandstorgets Glaskonst
“It was a wonderful workshop where we immediately began to work hands-on with the techniques and it was a very nice group! Good explanations give good results as you saw! I learned much and enjoyed it.”
Wilma van Rees
“I’d like to do it again!”
Alice Naber, Glasatelier Naber
“A workshop in stained glass or glass painting is always fun and also this time. We did a lot, and I learned a great deal from it.”
Joop Beerepoot, kunst-in-glasinlood.nl
“I really enjoyed the workshop and was inspired by the new techniques we learned! It was nice to meet other colleagues and what I experienced as very positive was the openness regarding glazier techniques…”
Marga van der Burgt, Glasatelier Butterfly
“He disfrutado mucho y he aprendido mucho. El trabajo que muestra demuestra lo que se puede hacer con vidrio; mucho más que las ventanas rígidas con líneas horizontales y verticales. Me encanta el trabajo espacioso y con forma libre. Ya tengo ideas para aplicación moderna de pintura sobre vidrio, ¡estoy inspirado!”
What might you enjoy more than a week learning about glass painting and tiffany glass art?
How about a week learning about glass painting and tiffany… in the beautiful Greek sunshine?
PELI Glass has joined up with Miniati Travel (http://www.creativeholidays.nl) and put together a one-week glass painting workshop in Greece. This course combines traditional and modern painting, and painting on fused glass, and is perfect for beginner and intermediate painters. There will also be plenty of time to enjoy the sunshine.
Miniati has 19 years of experience arranging creative holiday workshops. The all-in fee includes:
- Flight – direct from Amsterdam-Athens if required. Transfers from Athens to the location in Kantia (approx. two hour drive from Athens Airport).
- All meals – included.
- Lodging – you’ll stay in a private studio apartment on the beach.
- Come single or with a partner – no surcharge for singles, reduced rates for partners
- Materials – basis paints will be provided; other materials you’ll be able to bring yourself or purchase at a special discount. We’ll use Reusche and RG glass paints.
- Kiln firing – your work will be fired on-site
Where is it? Kantia on the Peloponnese peninsula, southwest of Athens.
When? 29 September – 6 October 2019
What is the cost? See the link here (in Dutch but you’ll be able to read it!) for options.
The workshop will be given in English / Dutch. Are you interested? Let us know, request a non-binding offer!
WORKSHOP IS FULL.
Want to know more? Contact PELI Glass!
Directorio de cursos relacionados con el vidrio
Hemos desarrollado un «Directorio de cursos relacionados con el vidrio» para que pueda encontrar formación en técnicas relacionadas con el vidrio, en qualquier parte del mundo.
Pueden publicar la información de forma gratuita, así como consultarla para encontrar estudios, centros y cursos que puedan interesarles.
Si desea incluir o modificar la información, envíenos un correo electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org.
Para ser incluido, debe tener un sitio web en funcionamiento y su sitio web debe incluir información sobre sus talleres.
PELI Glass no se hace responsable ni garantiza los cursos mencionados en el Directorio. Nos reservamos el derecho de revisar la información y de incluir información, de carácter público, que esté disponible en Internet.