Master Glass Painting Introduction workshop
15-16 May 2021 – 1 Place available
in Voorburg, NL
This workshop provides a complete introduction to glass painting! These are techniques used in traditional and modern glass painting.
No prior experience is necessary.
– Do you really want to learn how to paint glass well, so you don’t have to experiment endlessly and run into glitches? We have the knowledge in-house and can teach you the basics of glass painting in one intensive weekend workshop!
– Do you want to be able to paint in 4 layers and then fire? We teach this almost lost technique, so that you can execute it in style. Suitable for restoration and new work.
– Do you want to master the glass painting silver stain drop technique (seen in lamps and windows)? This technique is also covered in this workshop.
– Do you want to receive interesting discounts on paints, paintbrushes, tools, and mediums?
If you have a passion for glass, register now (firstname.lastname@example.org)! Limited number of participants.
You will receive a certificate after successful completion of this workshop!
Topics covered include:
– Mixing paints
– Firing programs, the how and why
– Float glass and why it can be interesting to use
– Creating strong contour lines, smooth grisailles, sparkling silver stains
– Use of badger brushes, the trademark of the glass painter!
– Painting 4 layers before firing, as it was done in the past.
– Lunch with invited expert guest speaker (availability confirmation pending) regarding cold painting (retouching) methods.
You’ll work with various glass paints from both Reusche (produced in America) and Ruger & Gunzel (produced in Germany).
Participants are required to bring:
1x professional badger brush (preferably 3″) for grisaille
1x professional badger brush (preferably 2″) for silver stain
1x round badger brush (preferably approx. sizes 4, 6, 8) for glycol shadows
1x contour brush (ox hair or sable, medium size)
1x matting brushes (soft squirrel hair brushes, preferably approx. 1″) for grisaille/glycol shadows
1x large hake brush (goat hair brush)
Stippler brushes (to make shading in grisaille), at least 8 different brushes, with different hardnesses and sizes
The materials can be purchased at PELI Glass or elsewhere. Sizes are approximate, it’s the general sort that is necessary – we can use almost anything that’s close.
As a workshop participant you are entitled to a 10% discount on all paintbrushes, paints and mediums in stock purchased from PELI Glass (sets not included). This is valid from time of payment to end of workshop.
During the workshop PELI Glass will provide you with: a contour brush, designs, all paints, silver stains, mediums, glass, protective gloves, use of the kilns, 2 lunches, drinks/coffee, printed Workshop Guide. Workshop presented in Nederlands-English. Minimum 2, maximum 3 persons.
Reactions of previous workshop participants:
“What a good workshop you gave, I am still enjoying it.”
Karin Faber, IXO vormgeving
Directorio de cursos relacionados con el vidrio
Hemos desarrollado un «Directorio de cursos relacionados con el vidrio» para que pueda encontrar formación en técnicas relacionadas con el vidrio, en qualquier parte del mundo.
Pueden publicar la información de forma gratuita, así como consultarla para encontrar estudios, centros y cursos que puedan interesarles.
Si desea incluir o modificar la información, envíenos un correo electrónico email@example.com.
Para ser incluido, debe tener un sitio web en funcionamiento y su sitio web debe incluir información sobre sus talleres.
PELI Glass no se hace responsable ni garantiza los cursos mencionados en el Directorio. Nos reservamos el derecho de revisar la información y de incluir información, de carácter público, que esté disponible en Internet.